Thursday, March 5, 2015

Our Home: {Master Bathroom}

 
Thanks for stopping by today!  We are in the midst of yet another ice/snow "storm".  I use that term loosely because I know a few days of this weather is nothing compared to what others have been dealing with but I am ready for it to end!  Come on spring!
 
Today I am sharing a peek into out master bathroom.  When designing this space, I wanted to create a simple and serene room that had a spa like feel.
 
This huge, blank wall was the perfect place to add a piece of furniture.  I wanted something that not only looked nice but also functioned as additional storage.  I came across this shelf at HomeGoods one day and knew it would be the perfect fit for the space.  I loved the rustic feel of the wood shelves and the traditional lines of the spindles.
 
 
 
I kept the accessories to a minimum to keep the room from feeling cluttered. The galvanized buckets caught my eye and I knew they would be perfect for storing towels.  To add a little ambiance to the space, I used dollar store candles (fancy, I know) grouped together with twine.  I like to light the candles while I am getting ready in the morning or taking a bath at night.  There is just something about the glow that makes me happy. 
 


To store items like bath slats, Q-tips and sponges, I used these vintage inspired apothecary jars.


 They add a feminine touch to the space and balance out the rustic feel. 

 
 
This little stool was one of those things I bought not really knowing where it would end up.  I put it here to get it out of the way and ended up loving it in this spot.  The concrete top and reclaimed legs add texture and interest to the space.  ...And, it is a great place to put another candle! Can you tell I love candles?
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Moving on to the next area...the walk in shower.  When we were building the house, I always pictured a small bench in this area but the reality was it was much too narrow when all was said and done.  We really needed something to hold towels close by and I didn't want a typical towel rack.  One day I was strolling through my favorite antique mall and came across this ladder and immediately knew it was the perfect solution!  The galvanized hanging bucket was purchased in the floral/garden section of a craft store and is perfect to hold wash cloths!

 


 
So there you go...a sneak peek into our master bathroom.  Check back soon to see the progress in the other areas of this room!
 
 

10 comments:

  1. would love to know where the apothecary bottles are from just love the whole look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sydney, I found them at Tuesday Morning a few years ago...I just love them! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. I just love that darling little stool ! Happy Friday, Lindsay!

    Paige.Rose
    www.TheQuaintSanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paige!! I just couldn't resist it! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. Love it all....great looking....wish my bathroom was big enough! However, I am glad that I have a Master Bathroom....
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bathroom especially the ladder and bucket hanging on it. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you remember where you found your apothecary jars? I love everything about your bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them several years ago from Tuesday Morning!

      Delete
    2. There are some linked in this post that have a similar shape! http://whimsygirldesign.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-tuesdy-ten-farmhouse-style-bathroom.html

      Delete
  6. We just redid our master bath and it was a mission but we are so thrilled with how it turned out. It is amazing how much it improves your life to live in a space that makes you feel comforted and relaxed. And another major part is living in a space that is useful and helpful to how you live.

    Essie Reed @ Valley Home Improvement

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS